Our policy of entering students early for GCSE examinations in 2016 means that comparison with national results does not give an accurate picture of students’ achievement.
- Based on first entry, Derby Moor students achieved a Progress 8 score of -0.36, and 38% achieved C grades in English and mathematics.
- However, the government league tables only record the first time that students entered an examination, and we chose to enter students on more than one occasion in order to ensure that they achieved the best outcome that they could.
- On BEST entry, Derby Moor students achieved a Progress 8 score of -0.11 (this is in line with national averages), and 55% achieved C grades in English and mathematics. In addition, 21% of all students achieved the suite of EBacc qualifications (an improvement from 7% last year).
- This represents a significant improvement on last year, and we are proud of the achievements of all members of the school community.
- Full details of the school’s FIRST entry results can be found by clicking on https://www.compare-school-performance.service.gov.uk/school/112952
Key Stage 4 Results 2016
Key Exam Dates 2016 - 2017
For a list of the Key Exam dates for 2016/17, please click here
For a list of Year 11 Mock exam dates, please click here
Changes to GCSE Assessment grades
The Government have made some changes to the way in which GCSEs are to be graded from September 2015. These changes will not affect any students beginning Year 11 in September but will affect certain courses for students beginning Year 10.
Currently, GCSEs are awarded grades A*-G; from September, some GCSEs will be awarded grades 9-1, with grade 9 being the highest grade. This will initially affect English and Mathematics GCSEs but the expectation is that eventually all GCSEs will be graded in this way.
Many schools are amending the way in which students’ work will be graded in order to make this transition more straightforward. You will therefore note some changes to the levels and grades that all students in Years 7-10 are awarded from September. Please click here to find out more . Further detail will follow as and when these changes are implemented in school.
Watch this video to find out more about the new grade boundaries.
Structure of new GCSES video
Making the grades - a guide to awarding
AQA have made this film to explain the marking and awarding process which turns work by students into grades.
Watch to find out what happens after students sit their exams, how grades are awarded and how standards are maintained year on year.
Making the Grade. A guide to awarding video
If you have any queries about exams, please contact our Exams Office:
Mrs M Jackson and Mrs J Wyatt
Exam Centre Numbers
Derby Moor - 23346
Millennium Centre - 23380
- Information for Candidates – Controlled Assessments 2015-2016
- Information for Candidates – Coursework 2015-2016
- Information for Candidates – Onscreen Tests
- Information for Candidates – Privacy Notice
- Information for Candidates – Social Media
- Information for Candidates – Written Examinations
- Warning to Candidates – No Mobile Phones
- Warning to Candidates
JCQ Regulations Notices relating to written exams, coursework and controlled assessment.
These are pdf files, so you will need Acrobat Reader to view them. You can download this here free.
Useful Websites and Revision Guides can be found on FROG to help parents and students with the task of preparing and revising for exams.